A picturesque country farm estate from the 15th century sharing the story of Jersey’s rural life
- 1 March to 29 October Daily 10am to 5pm
- 30 October to 31 December Daily 10am to 4pm
- Closed 1 Jan to 1 March 24, 25, 26 and 31 December
Jersey Heritage Members go FREE – become a Member today.
- Adult (16+) £11.35
- Child or student £7.40
- Senior (65+) £10.20
- Family ticket £33.75
- Children under 6 FREE
- Address La Rue de la Patente, St Lawrence, JE3 1HS
- Phone +44 (0) 1534 863 955
- Parking There is a free car park a short walk from Hamptonne
- Bus route Nearest bus stop is Three Oaks Garage on route 7
- Cycle route 3
- Access Please read our access statement
- Access arrangements Some disabled access
- WIFI Available on site
- Gift shop The Jersey Heritage gift shop, selling gifts and souvenirs is on-site
- Payment Can be made by debit, credit card (not Amex), in sterling or euro
- Cycle racks Available
- Dogs No dogs allowed, except assistance dogs. Read our policy here.
Discounted entry is applicable to booked groups of 10+ or more adults or seniors (combination thereof). There is no requirement to book if your group is fewer than 10 people.
Please email us.
Guided tours are provided free of charge by volunteers throughout the season.
Private guided tours can be arranged, by advanced booking – £50 per tour – duration approx. 1 hr.
Leaflets available at entrance (£1) provide a brief history and guide to the site.
There is no coach parking on-site. Please speak with your coach operator regarding drop-off and pickup points.
External signs in English and French
Visitor booklet (£1) in English, French and German
Syvret House information booklets in English, French and German
10% discount for non pre-booked groups of 6 or more adults or seniors (at our discretion)
Disabled visitors pay the normal admission rate and we offer free admission for up to two carers.
Jersey Heritage offers free or reduced price entry to the following groups:
- Museums Association Members
- International Council of Museums (ICOM) members
- Alderney Society / Museum ticket holders
- National Trust Jersey Members
- National Trust UK Members (20% off)
- Friends of Manx National Heritage
- Réseau des Musées de Normandie – Muséopass Card
The Hamptonne Café has a charming rustic farmhouse ambience, with both indoor and outdoor seating areas, providing the perfect setting for a locally produced cake or light lunch. We have carefully sourced the best local suppliers to provide delicious cakes and savoury light bites, which accompany our freshly prepared sandwiches, salad boxes and daily specials.
Step back in time to rural Jersey at Hamptonne Country Life Museum, a traditional 15th-century house and farm. The main buildings are named after past owners – the Langlois, Hamptonne and Syvret families – who lived at Hamptonne between the 15th and 19th centuries. You can explore the different farmhouses and meet characters from the past who will tell you about Jersey life through the centuries.
The story of Jersey’s cider-making history is told in the cider barn, or ‘pressoir’, and in the cider apple orchard where you’ll learn about the different apple varieties that make Jersey cider the best of its kind. Take a peaceful walk around the farm and stop for a picnic. Meet our calves, lambs, chickens and piglets – and there is a children’s play area on the grounds too.