Stay in a converted 15th-century farmstead nestled in Jersey’s peaceful countryside
- Low season 3 January to 30 March and 16 October to 15 December
- 2 nights £433.50
- 3 nights £533
- 7 nights £999
- Mid season 17 April to 30 June and 11 September to 15 October
- 3 nights £783
- 7 nights £1,470
- High season 31 March to 16 April, 1 July to 10 September and 16 December to 2 January
- 3 nights, Easter and Christmas only £848
- 7 nights £1,889
- Low season 3 January to 27 March and 28 October to 20 December
- 2 nights £433.50
- 3 nights £533
- 7 nights £999
- Mid season 15 April to 5 July and 9 September to 27 October
- 3 nights £822
- 7 nights £1,543.50
- High season 28 March to 14 April and 6 July to 8 September and 21 December to 5 January 2025
- 3 nights, Easter and Christmas only £890.50
- 7 nights £1,983.50
- Address La Rue de la Patente, St Lawrence, JE3 1HS
- Bus route 7
2 double beds and 2 single bunk beds – linen & towels provided
Fridge & freezer
Crockery & cutlery provided
TV with Freesat
Apartment accessed by stairs
Access to meadows and courtyard with garden furniture
Dogs not allowed
Cot available on request (linen not provided)
No disabled access
Terms & conditions
These are the terms which apply to the contract in relation to your booking of a Jersey Heritage
Holiday Let. For the purpose of these terms, you (the person making the booking) are referred to as the ‘Guest’ (or ‘Guests’), ‘you’ and/or ‘your’.
Please take the time to read these terms carefully as they explain important information, such as
terms of cancellation, security deposits and other important information.
- Your booking must be for holiday purposes only. You may not sublet the property or use it for weddings or parties, unless otherwise approved by Jersey Heritage (JH).
- Arrival and departure: the property will be available to you from 3pm on the first day of the booked letting period. All Guests and occupiers, luggage, property, vehicles etc. must vacate the property and associated land completely by 10.00 am on the last date of the letting period. If a Guest (or their guests) fails to vacate the property or associated land by this time, JH reserve the right to deduct an amount from the security deposit to cover the extra period of occupation and any extended or delayed cleaning arrangements caused by the delay.
- The number of people sleeping at the property must not exceed the number stated on the booking form.
- The lighting of fireworks on land surrounding the site, the use of candles and smoking inside the property are strictly prohibited.
- No tents, marquees or other temporary structures may be erected on land surrounding the property.
- Dogs are allowed at Barge Aground, Fort Leicester, Kempt Tower, Fishermans Cottage and La Crête Fort only; they must be supervised at all times and are not permitted to go on the furniture. Dog waste must be cleared from the surrounding area in an appropriate manner. The grounds are checked before and after each booking and if dog waste is not cleared, we will charge an additional fee, deducted from the security deposit.
- Our properties are important historical sites with many original features. They do not have many of the health and safety features required of modern buildings, it is therefore essential that you and your guests behave responsibly, and that children are supervised at all times. Our properties are fitted with smoke alarms and fire extinguishers.
- Vehicles may only park in the designated area.
- Should there be a disturbance at one of our properties or should local residents be affected as a result of your stay, then your hire may be terminated resulting in the loss of your hire fee. In this instance it is not the responsibility of Jersey Heritage to provide alternative accommodation.
- Any problems whilst you are staying at the property or grounds for complaint should be reported immediately to a member of the Jersey Heritage Lets team or the site supervisor. We will endeavour to address any issues as soon as is reasonably possible. Failure to do so will prejudice a claim irrespective of its merits.
- Although all information regarding prices, availability and on-site facilities are correct at the time of going to print, we reserve the right to change any details contained in published information at any time.
- Fifty per cent of the total hire price is required as a non-refundable deposit upon booking. The full balance is due two months prior to your arrival. Should your booking commence within two months prior to your arrival then the full amount is required upon booking.
Once we have received your booking, the deposit payment has been received and a
confirmation sent, a contract has been entered into that includes all of the listed conditions.
Payment of all required amounts when they are due is the essence of the contract.
- An initial enquiry over the telephone or via email does not constitute a booking. A
booking is firm when full payment of the deposit has been received and confirmed to you in writing.
- When you make a booking, you declare that you are over 25 years of age and will be present for the duration of the hire. You have full responsibility for all persons who will use the property during the period booked, and affirm that you have read and fully understood our terms and conditions.
- We will not accept bookings on behalf of another individual – for example, a parent hiring on behalf of their teenage child or a member hiring a property for a non-member.
Jersey Heritage collects and processes the personal data that you submit as part of your booking or enquiry for a number of purposes, including the following:
- To respond to your enquiry
- To process your booking as part of our contract with you
- As part of our legal obligations, e.g. for health and safety purposes
- To enforce our rules and policies
- To comply with orders/requests received from public and regulatory governmental and judicial bodies, e.g. States of Jersey Police for emergency response and anti-social behaviour
If you give your consent, we will also use your personal data to contact you and notify you of any special events, organisational developments and promotions offered by Jersey Heritage.
You can remove this consent for marketing at any time by contacting email@example.com or simply unsubscribing from our e-shots.
Storage of Personal Data
Data is stored electronically off-site by a third-party data storage provider. To ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate procedures with the third parties we share your personal data with to ensure that your personal information is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with, and which respects, the law on data protection.
Your data will not be disclosed to any other ‘third party’ unless required by statute or by obtaining your express approval.
- Sleeps 6
- Self catering
- WiFi available
Wonderful customer service
You can feel the history of the place in the air and it’s lovely to see the farm animals up close.
All the staff were great and they couldn’t have been more accommodating.
I would highly recommend!
A fabulous holiday location for a family with children
The location within the farm museum is quite atmospheric and the cider house apartment is wonderful with 3 bedrooms and hence ideal for a young family.
Unique experience in an historic apartment
We had a great stay at cider barn. Being located within the Jersey Heritage site felt incredibly special. We loved all the roaming chickens and having the playground for the kids was perfect. It felt particularly unique when all the tourists were gone and we had the place to ourselves. The facilities in the apartment were good and clean. Would definitely recommend to other families looking for somewhere a bit different in Jersey.
Located in Jersey’s idyllic countryside, Hamptonne is a beautifully restored farm with a collection of thatched granite houses, stables and meadows. The Cider Barn apartment is one of two apartments at Hamptonne that have been lovingly restored and can be rented together to accommodate up to 10 people – or hired separately.
The Cider Barn Apartment sleeps up to six people and retains many authentic features of the building, including the original plaster work in the double bedrooms, wooden beams and look out for the early 19th-century graffiti! There are two double bedrooms and one twin bunk room with views across the courtyard and surrounding meadows. It has a fantastic, well-equipped open-plan kitchen, lounge and dining room, with a shower room and cloakroom with WC off the main hall.
Hamptonne operates as a visitor attraction and the public will be on-site during opening hours from spring to autumn. But once the doors close, guests have the property to themselves to roam freely, along with the small group of resident chickens.
How many does this property sleep?
Cider Barn sleeps up to six people in two double bedrooms and one twin bunk room. It can be hired in conjunction with the Stable Apartment, which sleeps four people. Please see the floor plan for further information.
Can I hire the property for one night?
The minimum number of nights available for all of our properties (except for guided experience properties) is two nights. Please refer to the pricing section to see the number of nights available for each season.
How do I collect the keys?
Upon confirmation of your booking you will be sent a unique key code, which opens the secure key box on-site.
Does the property have parking?
Yes, there is parking in the Hamptonne visitor car park adjacent to the property.
What are the bathroom facilities?
There is one bathroom with a shower and a separate WC.
What heating does the property have and does it have a fire?
Cider Barn has underfloor heating throughout.
Does the property have a washing machine or dishwasher?
There is a dishwasher in the property, but no washing machine.
Are dogs allowed to stay in the property?
Dogs are not allowed to stay at this property.
Is there a garden?
Cider Barn is located within the beautiful grounds of Hamptonne Country Life Museum. Hamptonne has great open areas including an orchard and a meadow that is perfect for kids to run around. Guests staying at the apartment have access to the outside areas through a courtyard. Throughout the year we may have chickens in the meadows and during the summer we may have livestock, including cows and pigs. The animals on-site are taken care of by Jersey Heritage staff, please do not feed them.