An interactive adventure about Jersey’s seafaring history and the Island’s story during World War II
- 1 March 29 October Daily 10am to 5pm
- 30 October to 31 December Daily 10am to 4pm
- Closed 24, 25, 26 and 31 December
Jersey Heritage Members go FREE – become a Member today.
- Adult (16+) £12.10
- Child or student £7.85
- Senior (65+) £10.90
- Family ticket £35.90
- Children under 6 FREE
- Occupation Tapestry Gallery only £5.45
- Address New North Quay, St Helier, JE2 3ND
- Phone +44 (0)1534 811 043
- Parking Waterfront, the Esplanade, Pier Road and Sand Street
- Bus route All busses to Liberation Station
- Cycle route 1,1a and 5
- Access Please read our access statement
- Access arrangements Disabled access to all floors
- WIFI Available on site
- Gift shop The Jersey Heritage gift shop, selling gifts and souvenirs is on-site
- Payment Can be made by debit, credit card (not Amex), in sterling or euro
- Refreshments No café on site
- Dogs No dogs allowed, except assistance dogs. Read our policy here.
Discounted entry is applicable to booked groups of 10+ or more adults or seniors (combination thereof). There is no requirement to book if your group is fewer than 10 people.
Entrance to Occupation Tapestry Gallery only £5.45
Please email us.
There is no coach parking on-site. Please speak with your coach operator regarding drop-off and pickup points.
Film audio and interpretation panels in English, with some with French
Occupation Tapestry Gallery panels in English and French
Occupation Tapestry Gallery touchscreens in English, French and German
10% discount for non pre-booked groups of 10 or more adults or seniors (at our discretion)
Disabled visitors pay the normal admission rate and we offer free admission for up to two carers.
Jersey Heritage offers free or reduced price entry to the following groups:
- Museums Association Members
- International Council of Museums (ICOM) members
- Alderney Society / Museum ticket holders
- Friends of Liverpool Maritime Museum – Occupation Tapestry Gallery and Maritime Museum only
- Friends of National Maritime Museum – Occupation Tapestry Gallery and Maritime Museum only
- Friends of Manx National Heritage
- Réseau des Musées de Normandie – Muséopass Card
Immerse yourself in the Island’s shipbuilding past with songs and stories of the sea, Jersey privateers and pirates, and maritime legends. Learn hands-on about the tides and designing a ship. Then follow the story of Jersey’s seafood, beach and seaside entertainment.
Just outside, in the harbour, look at the historic Jersey boats lovingly restored by Jersey Heritage boat shop volunteers – the unique story of each boat can be discovered in the museum. Also on-site is the Occupation Tapestry Gallery, 13 panels of the tapestry woven by Islanders, which depicts a life of hardship during the five years of Occupation by German armed forces during the Second World War.
Island at war
The Channel Islands were occupied by Nazi forces during World War II, read one woman's extraordinary story.
Places to Visit
Hamptonne Country Life Museum
A picturesque country farm estate from the 15th century sharing the story of Jersey’s rural life.
Places to Visit
La Hougue Bie
A peaceful and ancient site where you can visit one of the oldest buildings in the world.
Places to Visit
Jersey Museum & Art Gallery and Victorian House
In the heart of St Helier you’ll discover the story of Jersey.