A medieval castle with links to the English Crown and amazing views across to France
- 1 March to 29 October Daily 10am to 5.30pm
- 30 October to 31 December Daily 10am to 4pm
- Closed 24, 25, 26 and 31 December
Jersey Heritage Members go FREE – become a Member today.
- Adult (16+) £15.35
- Child or student £10
- Senior (65+) £13.80
- Family ticket £45.65
- Children under 6 FREE
- Address Castle Green Gorey St Martin, Jersey JE3 6ET
- Phone +44 (0)1534 853 292
- Parking There is disc and paycard parking at Gorey Harbour and on Gorey Coast Road. A free public car park can be found at Long Beach. Pedestrian access is from La P’tite Ruelle Muchie, Gorey Harbour Pier and via the main entrance at the Castle Green, off La Route de la Côte
- Bus route 1, 1a 2 and 13
- Cycle rout 1 and 3
- Access Please read our access statement
- Access arrangements There is limited disabled access at the site
- WIFI Available on site
- Gift shop The Jersey Heritage gift shop, selling gifts and souvenirs is on-site
- Payment Can be made by debit, credit card (not Amex), in sterling or euro
- Cycle racks Available
- Dogs No dogs allowed, except assistance dogs. Read our policy here.
Discounted entry is applicable to booked groups of 10+ or more adults or seniors (combination thereof). There is no requirement to book if your group is fewer than 10 people.
Please email us.
Private guided tours can be arranged by advanced booking – £50 per tour – duration approx. 1 hr.
Leaflets available at entrance (£1) provide a brief history and guide to the site.
There is no coach parking on-site. Please speak with your coach operator regarding drop-off and pickup points.
External and internal signs in English and some French
Film in English with French and German subtitles
Visitor booklet (£1) in English, French and German
10% discount for non pre-booked groups of 10 or more adults or seniors (at our discretion)
Disabled visitors pay the normal admission rate we also offer free admission for up to two carers.
Jersey Heritage offers free or reduced price entry to the following groups:
- Museums Association members
- International Council of Museums (ICOM) members
- Alderney Society / Museum ticket holders
- National Art Pass Mont Orgueil / Jersey Museum
- Friends of Manx National Heritage
- Réseau des Musées de Normandie – Muséopass Card
The café at Mont Orgueil Castle provides the ultimate ‘brew with a view’ location with the outdoor seating area providing stunning views of the beautiful Gorey Bay. We have carefully sourced the best local suppliers to provide delicious cakes and savoury light bites, which accompany our freshly prepared sandwiches, salad boxes and daily specials.
Opening times: Weekends from 25 February until 19 March. Open daily from 20 March.
There are almost 200 steps to the top of the Castle, where you can take in one of the best views in Jersey. As you explore the network of staircases, towers and secret rooms, you’ll discover hidden treasures and gruesome stories of castle life through specially commissioned artwork. In the turrets you’ll find the medieval ‘wheel of urine’, and in the cellars ‘the witches in hell’. High on the battlements with a view of the surrounding countryside and distant French coast, you’ll stand shoulder to shoulder with wooden soldiers who ‘guard’ the Castle from invasion. Don’t miss world-renowned artworks “The Queen” and “Equanimity” in the Medieval Great Hall, by artist Chris Levine and holographer Rob Munday, commissioned to commemorate celebrate Jersey’s relationship with the monarchy.
Places to Visit
Visit a fortress just off the coast of Jersey to explore 400 years of history.
Castles of Jersey
Why has been one of the most heavily fortified parts of the British Isles?
The historic environment is the physical evidence of past human activity through time.