In the heart of St Helier you’ll discover the story of Jersey
- 2 January to 28 February Daily 10am to 4pm
- 1 March to 29 October Daily 10am to 5pm
- 30 October to 31 December Daily 10am to 4pm
- Closed 1 and 2 January 24, 25, 26 and 31 December
Jersey Heritage Members go FREE – become a Member today.
- Adult (16+) £12.10
- Child or student £7.85
- Senior (65+) £10.90
- Family ticket £35.90
- Children under 6 FREE
- Address The Weighbridge, St Helier, JE2 3NG
- Phone +44 (0)1534 633300
- Directions Near the Royal Yacht Hotel
- Parking Pier Road
- Bus route All busses to Liberation Station
- Cycle route 1,1a and 5
- Access Please read our access statement
- Access arrangements Disabled access to all floors
- WIFI Available on site
- Gift shop The Jersey Heritage gift shop, selling gifts and souvenirs is on-site
- Payment Can be made by debit, credit card (not Amex), in sterling or euro
- Cycle racks Available
- Dogs No dogs allowed, except assistance dogs. Read our policy here.
Discounted entry is applicable to booked groups of 10+ or more adults or seniors (combination thereof). There is no requirement to book if your group is fewer than 10 people.
Please email us to book your site visit.
Free Story of Jersey film (runs every 30 mins) available with French / German Subtitles.
For private guided tours, please contact Group Bookings to discuss your requirements. A returnable laminated map to the museum is available on entrance.
There is no coach parking on site, please speak with your coach operator regarding drop off and pick up points.
The Victorian House signage in English and French panels, and English & French audio
Exhibitions in English & French
The Story of Jersey (1st Floor) in English with some French and Portuguese
Free film and exhibition (Ground Floor) in English, French and German
10% discount for non pre-booked groups of 6 or more adults or seniors (at our discretion)
Disabled visitors pay the normal admission rate and we offer free admission for up to two carers.
Jersey Heritage offers free or reduced price entry to the following groups:
- Museums Association Members
- International Council of Museums (ICOM) members
- Alderney Society / Museum ticket holders
- Guernsey Discovery Pass Holders. (Jersey Museum Only)
- National Art Pass –Mont Orgueil / Jersey Museum
- Friends of Manx National Heritage
- Réseau des Musées de Normandie – Muséopass Card
The Yard Eatery is on site.
The Yard is a neighbour hood coffee bar and eatery with creative, thoughtful and honest food. Their dishes are centred around the changing seasons. The team work closely with local farmers, growers, artisans and suppliers to bring the very best to each dish. The Yard is an independent eatery email them for details.
- Monday Closed
- Tuesday to Thursday 8am to 4pm
- Friday 8am to 9.30pm
- Saturday 9am to 9.30pm
- Sunday 9am to 4pm
Discover the story of Jersey for free on the Ground Floor of our Art Gallery and Museum. Watch our Story of Jersey film and visit the Aspiring Jersey Island Geopark Visitor Centre and the Link Gallery.
There’s more to discover (admission prices apply) upstairs, including our exhibition: People! Power! Protest! You can take a timeline journey from 250,000 years ago – when the first people arrived in Jersey – to explore what has shaped this unique Island. Find out about Jersey’s link with the English Crown, despite being so close to France; listen to Jèrriais (the Jersey language) being spoken; learn about the Island’s traditional farming industry and watch some fascinating archive footage of the early years of Jersey tourism. Admire a portrait of Lillie Langtry by Sir John Everett Millais.
Step inside the beautifully restored, gaslit, Victorian House and learn the story of a Victorian family in crisis as Dr Charles Ginestet abandons their beautiful home and flees to France to start a new life. On the ground floor of the Victorian House visit our exhibition Trade Roots, a powerful exhibition that examines the evidence of the Island’s involvement in the transatlantic slave trade.