Visit a fortress just off the coast of Jersey to explore 400 years of history
Elizabeth Castle walking times 2023 – this Excel Spreadsheet is a guide for visitors planning to walk to the Castle, please note that tide times are estimated and if in any doubt please ask a member of the Jersey Heritage team at the Castle Ferry Kiosk or at Elizabeth Castle.
- 1 March to 29 October Daily 10am to 5.30pm
- Closed for International Air Display 6 and 7 September
Jersey Heritage Members go FREE – become a Member today.
- Castle and Castle Ferry
- Adult (16+) £17.85
- Child or student £12.80
- Senior (65+) £16.40
- Family ticket £56.45
- Castle only
- Adult (16+) £14.50
- Child or student £9.45
- Senior (65+) £13.05
- Family ticket £43.10
- Children under 6 FREE
- Address Les Jardins de la Mer, West Park, St Helier
- Phone +44 (0) 1534 634048
- Directions Please be aware that the Elizabeth Castle Ferry kiosk is at the Westpark Slip directly across from the Grand Hotel
- Parking Paid parking available in St Helier
- Bus route 7, 8,9,12a,15 and 22
- Cycle route 1
- Access Please read our access statement for Elizabeth Castle
- Access arrangements Limited disabled access
- WIFI Available on site
- Gift shop The Jersey Heritage gift shop, selling gifts and souvenirs, is on-site and located at the Castle Ferry kiosk
- Payment Can be made by debit, credit card (not Amex), in sterling or euro
- Dogs No dogs allowed, except assistance dogs. Read our policy here
Discounted entry is applicable to booked groups of 10+ or more adults or seniors (combination thereof). There is no requirement to book if your group is fewer than 10 people.
Castle and Ferry Castle only
Adult £15.17 £12.33
Senior £13.94 £11.09
Please email us.
Guided tours are provided free of charge by volunteers throughout the season.
Private guided tours can be arranged by advanced booking – £50 per tour – duration approx. 1 hr.
Leaflets available at entrance (£1) provide a brief history and guide to the site.
There is no coach parking on-site. Please speak with your coach operator regarding drop-off and pickup points.
External signs in English and French
Visitor booklet (£1) in English, French and German
Elizabeth Castle mobile app in English, French and German
10% discount for non-pre booked groups of 6 or more adults or seniors (at our discretion)
Disabled visitors pay the normal admission rate and we offer free admission for up to two carers.
Jersey Heritage offers free or reduced price entry to the following groups:
- Museums Association Members
- International Council of Museums (ICOM) members
- Alderney Society / Museum ticket holders
- Friends of Manx National Heritage
- Réseau des Musées de Normandie – Muséopass Card
The Castle Café has both indoor and outdoor seating areas. It provides the perfect the setting for a locally produced cake or light lunch. We have carefully sourced the best local suppliers to provide delicious cakes and savoury light bites, which accompany our freshly prepared sandwiches, salad boxes and daily specials.
To reach the Castle and begin your adventure, walk along the causeway or take the amphibious Castle Ferry. Spend your day exploring this sprawling 15-acre fortress: climb the battlements dating back to the time Sir Walter Raleigh was Governor of Jersey; explore the grounds that gave refuge to King Charles II during the English Civil War; uncover the story of the Castle during the German Occupation in World War II; then discover the oldest part of this site, The Hermitage, where Saint Helier is thought to have lived around 550 A.D.
Step back in time to 1781 and meet the Castle Gunner who will tell you his story of the Battle of Jersey, but be prepared to be drafted into the Midday Parade and witness the firing of the musket and cannon.
Jersey Heritage is currently restoring parts of the Castle and bringing them back into public use. You might even catch some of the skilled craftspeople at work!