Join an expert guide for a very special experience staying in a tower built in 1796 to defend Jersey. Surrounded by sea twice a day, La Rocco Tower is a great place for an Island adventure like no other
- Address In the bay at La Route de La Pulente St Brelade JE3 8HG
- Bus route 22
Basic coastal tower property
Guide required for all visits and overnight stays
Access dependent on weather and tides
1 communal room with 6 bunk beds – linen not provided
1 separate bunk area for the guide
Basic dry-powder toilet
Drinking water not provided
Crockery & cutlery provided
Dogs not allowed
No disabled access
Not suitable for small children
Wi-Fi not available
- Low season
- January, Febrary, March and October, November December £400
- High season
- April, May, June, July and August £400
- Low season
- January, Febrary, March and October, November December £400
- High season weekday
- April, May, June, July and August £400
- High season weekend
- April, May, June, July and August £440
Terms & conditions
1. Your booking must be for leisure purposes only. The property must not be used for business purposes (except by prior special arrangement) or for gatherings, such as weddings or parties. The use of tents or accessing the property by motor vehicles (except by prior special arrangement) is not permitted.
2. You may not access the Tower interior unless accompanied by an accredited guide. When traveling out to the Tower or returning to shore, the group must travel together with the guide.
3. All bookings are subject to an accredited Jersey Heritage guide being available to accompany your group. JH will allocate guides to all bookings. In the unlikely event a guide is not available for your booking, your booking will be cancelled by JH with as much notice as possible. We shall refund all money received by us for the booking, but will not have any liability beyond this, and, without limitation of the foregoing, we will not have any liability for travel costs incurred by you in relation to the booking.
4. The number of people sleeping in the property must never exceed seven, including the guide – the maximum in the property information. Children under 11 years of age are not permitted to stay overnight in the Tower.
5. No fireworks shall be taken onto, or let off from, the property.
6. While the information in our price list is correct at the time of going to print, we reserve the right to change any of the prices, services, or other particulars contained in published information at any time before we enter into a contract with you. If there is any change, we will notify you before we enter into any contract.
7. Smoking is not permitted within the property.
8. Only those listed on the booking form are permitted to enter the Tower.
9. You will be sent information on where to meet your guide in order to walk out to the Tower. Jersey Heritage is not responsible for anyone who tries to access the Tower without the guide.
10. Due to the location of the property and nature of tidal currents in that area swimming is not permitted.
11. No pets are allowed at the property.
12. You are expected to clean the Tower and remove all waste including used toilet waste bags before your departure.
13. The Tower is not a suitable destination for all. You may be required to lift your personal belongings up to the tower and access is via steep steps and rocks.
14. Requests by the guide must be respected at all times.
15. The guide will give you a full safety and orientation briefing.
CONTRACT AND WARRANTIES
16. Once we have accepted your booking and payment then required, a contract has been entered into, which includes these conditions. Payment of all required amounts when they are due is the essence of the contract.
17. When you make a booking you declare that you are over 25 years old, accept full responsibility for all persons who will use the property during the period booked and have read all the relevant parts of this document.
18. An initial inquiry over the telephone or email does not constitute a booking. A booking is online confirmed when full payment has been received and confirmation sent via email.
19. Hirers must submit a completed group detail form with their booking and signed disclaimers from each member of their group.
20. We accept Switch, Maestro (issued in the UK), Visa and MasterCard. All payments are in sterling.
LOSS OR DAMAGE
21. When you book, you agree to indemnify us against all loss and damage arising (including
unreasonably large amounts of cleaning) directly or indirectly to the property and its contents from any deliberate or negligent act or omission by yourself, or any person, and, without limitation of the foregoing, to pay us forthwith upon written demand our costs in making good any such loss and damage and cleaning.
22. We shall not be responsible for any loss, or damage to any belongings, or injuries sustained by you or any member of your party.
23. If you cancel a booking for any reason, you must notify us in writing, by post or by fax only. The following cancellation charges will apply:
Within 90 days:
Fifty per cent refund
Less than 90 days: no refund
In addition, you will be responsible for any travel costs incurred by you in relation to the booking. We do not operate a cancellation insurance scheme and strongly recommend that you ensure your own appropriate cover.
24. The guide has a right to cancel at any time for safety reasons. If this happens, we will endeavour to transfer your booking to a new date.
25. We may cancel a booking at any time before the date on which it begins. We would expect to do this only for essential building work, due to there not being a guide available or for some other reason unforeseen by us at the time your booking was accepted. In this unlikely event, we shall refund in full all money received by us for the booking, but will not have any liability beyond this, and, without limitation of the foregoing, we will not have any liability for travel costs incurred by you in relation to the booking.
26. Stays at the Tower are only permitted when the tide and weather allow safe and manageable access. Stays may be cancelled if weather and sea conditions are forecast outside safe operational limits. The guide’s decision will be final. If your stay is cancelled due to weather conditions, we shall refund in full all money received for the booking.
27. We accept no liability for any works or activity of any sort occurring on any premises adjoining or neighbouring our property, nor shall we be responsible for making any inquires about the likelihood of, or providing any information to you about, any such works or activity.
28. Anyone with our authority may have access during your stay. This is unlikely to happen, but if it does, we will give you as much warning as we can.
29. Access to the Tower platform is available to the public at any time.
Jersey Heritage collects and processes the personal data that you submit as part of your booking or enquiry for a number of purposes, including the following
- To respond to your enquiry
- To process your booking as part of our contract with you
- As part of our legal obligations, e.g. for health and safety purposes
- To enforce our rules and policies
- To comply with orders/requests received from public and regulatory governmental and judicial bodies, e.g. States of Jersey Police for emergency response and anti-social behaviour
If you give your consent, we will also use your personal data to contact you and notify you of any special events, organisational developments and promotions offered by Jersey Heritage.
You can remove this consent for marketing at any time by contacting
firstname.lastname@example.org or simply unsubscribing from our e-shots.
Storage of Personal Data
Data is stored electronically off-site by a third-party data storage provider. To ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate procedures with the third parties we share your personal data with to ensure that your personal information is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with, and which respects, the law on data protection.
Your data will not be disclosed to any other ‘third party’ unless required by statute or by obtaining your express approval.
- Sleeps 5
- Self catering
- Guided experience
- Basic coastal accommodation
La Rocco stay
An absolutely great place to stay and a fun adventure. Wonderful and stunning views. Feel very lucky that this is on my doorstep. Thanks also you our guide Nick who was great to have around
Great scenery, location and experience
Fantastic 24 hours at Rocco! Peter, the guide was very knowledgeable and friendly and really looked after us. Marina was super helpful when we were booking. Views from the top of the tower are amazing and the boys loved the whole experience. Good fishing too!
24h on La Rocco Tower
We had a truly wonderful stay at la Rocco Tower. Proper bucket list stuff!
Accommodating up to six people plus your guide, La Rocco Tower offers a truly unique experience. Standing on a rocky outcrop off the west coast of Jersey, the Tower is in Jersey’s National Park, half a mile offshore. It is completely surrounded by sea twice a day, but at low tide can easily be reached by foot only. You might want to use the Tower as a base for low-water fishing, birdwatching or guided walks at low tide.
The Tower has two floors, with a table seating area and a wood-burning stove on the ground floor and the bunk room on the upper floor, with a basic chemical toilet. Each group staying at La Rocco Tower has their own personal guide who stays with you throughout and ensures a safe stay at the Tower. They will arrange the best access times and ensure you get the most out of your visit. There are six bunks in the upper room for which we recommend you bring sleeping bags and pillows, with a separate room for your guide on the ground level.
Whilst the facilities are basic, there is solar power for lighting and powering the fridge. La Rocco Tower has no running water and guests are required to bring their own supply of drinking water, and to carry all their food, clothes and sleeping bags out to the Tower. In addition, all waste (including bagged toilet waste) will need to be brought back and disposed of onshore.
Please note, La Rocco Tower is only available to rent when the tide and weather allow safe and manageable access. We recommend you speak to our Heritage Lets team before booking your stay to discuss access times and guide arrangements.
How many does this property sleep?
La Rocco Tower sleeps six guests in one large bunk room plus a separate area for a guide. You will need to bring your own bed linen and sleeping bags.
Can I hire the property for one night?
Yes, most guests only hire the Tower for one night. At the time of booking, you will be advised on the tide and when the Tower is accessible.
How do I collect the keys and how do I access the Tower?
On the day of booking, your guide will collect a safety bag from Jersey Museum, which includes the keys to the Tower along with a first-aid kit and some essential items. Access times are very dependent on the tides. Your guide will advise you on your meeting point and time prior to your booking. We also suggest booking your travel times around the low tide to ensure you are able to get to shore.
Does the property have parking and can you drive there?
No, the Tower is only accessible by foot on a low tide. Guests will often have to walk through gullies and rock pools to access the Tower. There is public parking next to the guide meeting point.
What are the bathroom facilities?
There is one chemical toilet in the Tower. Rainwater is used for washing and brushing teeth but all drinking water must be taken with you. All waste (including bagged toilet waste) will need to be brought back and disposed of onshore.
What heating does the property have and does it have a fire?
La Rocco Tower has a wood-burning stove, which heats the property.
Can I invite friends to the Tower?
Only those listed on the booking form are allowed to stay or visit the Tower. Due to the short time the Tower is accessible, no additional guests are allowed to visit the Tower.
Are dogs allowed to stay in the property?
No dogs are allowed to stay at the property.
Is there a private outdoor space?
There is a battery at the base of the Tower as well as the roof, which can be accessed easily.
My friend is a Rocco guide, can they take me to the Tower?
Yes, often people know a guide who is willing to take them on an overnight stay at the Tower.
Is the Tower suitable for children?
No, small children cannot stay at the Tower.
Does Jersey Heritage arrange the guide?
Yes, once you have enquired about a date, we will find a guide to suit your dates.