Open daily from 24 June to 31 December
10am to 5pm (10am to 4pm from 2 November)
25,26 & 31 December
Open daily all year
Contactless payment only
(6 to 16)
(2 adults 2 children)
Free admission to children under 6 years old
15% discount for pre booked groups of 6 or more adults or seniors. Please book in advance here
10% discount for non pre booked groups of 6 or more adults or seniors (at VSA discretion)
Students and children no group booking discount
Jersey Heritage welcomes the following Reciprocal Agreements:
- Museums Association Members
- International Council of Museums (ICOM) members
- Alderney Society / Museum ticket holders
- Guernsey Discovery Pass Holders. (Jersey Museum Only)
- National Art Pass - Elizabeth Castle / Mont Orgueil / Jersey Museum
- Friends of Manx National Heritage
- Réseau des Musées de Normandie - Muséopass Card
Unlimited access to 4 must see attractions for the price of 3
The Weighbridge, St Helier, JE2 3NG For more information call +44 (0)1534 633300
Latitude: 49.182832, Longitude: -2.107164
information for visitors - physical distancing covid-19
We have put a number of systems in place to ensure your safety, the Jersey Heritage team will inform you of the physical distancing rules at Jersey Museum & Art Gallery. These rules include:
- As part of the Government of Jersey’s contact tracing measures, you will be asked to provide a name and telephone number. This information will be used if it is later discovered that a visitor or staff member on that day had COVID-19. All records will be used only for this purpose and will be destroyed once the possibility of contact transference is over
- We accept contactless payment only
- Please stay at least one metre from other visitors
- There are some areas that can only be used by one household group at a time – signs will tell you where these areas are
- Where you see red ‘stop’ signs and green ‘go’ signs, please remember to turn them around
- Please follow the one-way system and keep to the left
- If you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 please stay at home
About Jersey Museum & Art Gallery
Discover the story of Jersey for free on the ground floor, watch our Story of Jersey film and take in our permanent display Jersey - 100 Objects. There is also a free exhibition in the John de Veulle Gallery, A Day to Remember - Liberation 75, sponsored by Alex Picot Trust and supported by the Bailiff Jersey. WIth additional thanks to Jersey Heritage Patrons and Benefactors
There's more to discover at Jersey Museum & Art Gallery (admission prices apply). Explore Jersey's history from 250,000 years ago when the first people arrived in Jersey and continues through the centuries to explore the factors that have shaped this unique Island and the people who live here. Find out about Jersey’s link with the English Crown despite being so close to France; listen to Jèrriais (Jersey-French) being spoken; learn about the Island's traditional farming industry and watch fascinating archive footage of the early years of tourism. Find out about Jersey's prosperity in A Prosperous Island exhibition as part of the Story of Jersey, sponsored by Jersey Finance.
Step inside the beautifully restored Victorian House and enter the drama of a Victorian family in crisis. On the evening of 27th August 1869, a momentous decision was taken by the family that lived at No 9 Pier Road. Dr Charles Ginestet persuaded his wife Jeanne that they should abandon their beautiful home and flee to France to start a new life. They would be leaving behind friends and family but also a nightmare of debts and legal proceeding.
The Story of Jersey has won the Visit England ‘Best Told Story’ Accolade.
Top 5 things to do at Jersey Museum & Art Gallery
1) Go back in time to the 19th century with a visit to the beautifully restored, gas-lit Victorian House
2) Discover the Island's Ice Age history and meet Barbu the resident Neanderthal
3) See the Lillie Langtry pieces on display
4) Take a look at the manuscript written by Jean Chevalier of Jersey during the English Civil War. You can also download it for free on iBook.
5) Explore our new exhibitions
Download our Visual Story for Jersey Museum & Art Gallery. This is a helpful guide to what to expect on a visit and has been produced in consultation with Autism Jersey.
Facilities and Access
Payment: Contactless payment only (not Diners Club or American Express)
Organised groups: 15% discount for groups of 6 or more adults or seniors. Please book in advance by completing the form here.
Entrance and parking: Located at the Weighbridge St Helier near the Royal Yacht Hotel. No on-site car park but parking for cyclists. Public parking in Pier Road.
Buses and cycle routes: Any bus to Liberation Station. Follow any cycle route for St Helier
Refreshments: Currently no café facilities available
Gift Shop: The Jersey Heritage gift shop, selling gifts and souvenirs is located at the Museum
Access arrangements: Disabled access to all floors
Dogs: No dogs allowed, except Guide Dogs
Hearing loop: available at reception and a portable hearing loop is available for groups if requested in advance
Read our access statement for Jersey Museum & Art Gallery(.docx version)