An unusual military fort with harbour and sea views
Winter Warmer Special Offer
Prices from £19.48 pp per night with our Winter Warmer special offer.
- 30% off mid-week bookings booked and taken between 1 October 2022 and 28 February 2023
- To receive your discount please use code WINTERWARMER
- Applies to all self-catering properties
- Applies to all bookings taken between Monday and Friday
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount / offer
- Low season 3 January to 30 March and 16 October to 15 December
- 2 nights £588
- 3 nights £749
- 7 nights £1,331
- Mid season 17 April to 30 June and 11 September to 15 October
- 3 nights £901
- 7 nights £1,664
- High season 31 March to 16 April, 1 July to 10 September and 16 December to 2 January
- 3 nights, Easter and Christmas only £998
- 7 nights £2,221
- Low season 3 January to 27 March and 28 October to 20 December
- 2 nights £617.50
- 3 nights £786.50
- 7 nights £1,398
- Mid season 15 April to 5 July and 9 September to 27 October
- 3 nights £946
- 7 nights £1,747
- High season 28 March to 14 April and 6 July to 8 September and 21 December to 5 January 2025
- 3 nights, Easter and Christmas only £1,048
- 7 nights £2,332
- Address Les Charrières du Boulay, Bouley Bay, Les Platons, Trinity, JE3 5AS
- Bus route 4
Double bed and 2 single beds in main bedroom, twin single bunks in lower room and double sofa bed in living area – linen & towels provided
Shower & bath
Oven & cooker
Fridge & freezer
Borehole water, which is not suitable for drinking but can be used for cooking or bathing
Crockery & cutlery provided
Wood-burning stove in main bedroom
TV screen with DVD player (no TV reception)
Split-level property with rooms accessed by steep staircases
Private garden and terrace with garden furniture
Dogs allowed. £10 per dog per night up to a maximum of £50 per dog per stay
Cot available on request (linen not provided)
Secluded beach location
No disabled access
WIFI not available
Terms & conditions
These are the terms which apply to the contract in relation to your booking of a Jersey Heritage
Holiday Let. For the purpose of these terms, you (the person making the booking) are referred to as the ‘Guest’ (or ‘Guests’), ‘you’ and/or ‘your’.
Please take the time to read these terms carefully as they explain important information, such as
terms of cancellation, security deposits and other important information.
- Your booking must be for holiday purposes only. You may not sublet the property or use
it for weddings or parties, unless otherwise approved by Jersey Heritage (JH).
- Arrival and departure: the property will be available to you from 3pm on the first day of
the booked letting period. All Guests and occupiers, luggage, property, vehicles etc. must
vacate the property and associated land completely by 10.00 am on the last date of the
letting period. If a Guest (or their guests) fails to vacate the property or associated land by
this time, JH reserve the right to deduct an amount from the security deposit to cover the
extra period of occupation and any extended or delayed cleaning arrangements caused by
- The number of people sleeping at the property must not exceed the number stated on the
- The lighting of fireworks on land surrounding the site, the use of candles and smoking
inside the property are strictly prohibited.
- No tents, marquees or other temporary structures may be erected on land surrounding the
- Dogs are allowed at Barge Aground, Fort Leicester, Kempt Tower, Fishermans Cottage and La Crête Fort only; they must be supervised at all times and are not permitted to go on the furniture. Dog waste must be cleared from the surrounding area in an appropriate manner. The grounds are checked before and after each booking and if dog waste is not cleared, we will charge an additional fee, deducted from the security deposit.
- Our properties are important historical sites with many original features. They do not have
many of the health and safety features required of modern buildings, it is therefore essential that you and your guests behave responsibly, and that children are supervised at all times. Our properties are fitted with smoke alarms and fire extinguishers.
- Vehicles may only park in the designated area.
- Should there be a disturbance at one of our properties or should local residents be affected as a result of your stay, then your hire may be terminated resulting in the loss of your hire fee. In this instance it is not the responsibility of Jersey Heritage to provide alternative accommodation.
- Any problems whilst you are staying at the property or grounds for complaint should be
reported immediately to a member of the Jersey Heritage Lets team or the site supervisor.
We will endeavour to address any issues as soon as is reasonably possible. Failure to do so
will prejudice a claim irrespective of its merits.
- Although all information regarding prices, availability and on-site facilities are correct at
the time of going to print, we reserve the right to change any details contained in published
information at any time.
- Fifty per cent of the total hire price is required as a non-refundable deposit upon booking. The full balance is due two months prior to your arrival. Should your booking commence within two months prior to your arrival then the full amount is required upon booking.
Once we have received your booking, the deposit payment has been received and a
confirmation sent, a contract has been entered into that includes all of the listed conditions.
Payment of all required amounts when they are due is the essence of the contract.
- An initial enquiry over the telephone or via email does not constitute a booking. A
booking is firm when full payment of the deposit has been received and confirmed to you in
- When you make a booking, you declare that you are over 25 years of age and will be
present for the duration of the hire. You have full responsibility for all persons who will use
the property during the period booked, and affirm that you have read and fully understood our terms and conditions.
- We will not accept bookings on behalf of another individual – for example, a parent hiring
on behalf of their teenage child or a member hiring a property for a non-member.
Jersey Heritage collects and processes the personal data that you submit as part of your booking or enquiry for a number of purposes, including the following:
- To respond to your enquiry
- To process your booking as part of our contract with you
- As part of our legal obligations, e.g. for health and safety purposes
- To enforce our rules and policies
- To comply with orders/requests received from public and regulatory governmental and judicial bodies, e.g. States of Jersey Police for emergency response and anti-social behaviour
If you give your consent, we will also use your personal data to contact you and notify you of any special events, organisational developments and promotions offered by Jersey Heritage.
You can remove this consent for marketing at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or simply unsubscribing from our e-shots.
Storage of Personal Data
Data is stored electronically off-site by a third-party data storage provider. To ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate procedures with the third parties we share your personal data with to ensure that your personal information is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with, and which respects, the law on data protection.
Your data will not be disclosed to any other ‘third party’ unless required by statute or by obtaining your express approval.
AvailabilityClick here to view availability
- Sleeps 8
- Self catering
- Dog friendly
One of Fort Leicester’s most quirky features is that it is built into the surrounding rock face, creating three different levels that require guests to move outside to get from one room to another, with sections of grass in between.
The original guardhouse is now the main bedroom, with one double bed and two single beds and a wood-burning stove. The lower-level former military magazines are now a cosy bunk room and bathroom. A later addition to the Fort is the searchlight housing from the Second World War, which now boasts a fully fitted kitchen with a lounge and dining area.
There is a private garden and a terrace where a gun emplacement once stood – perfect for eating outdoors and watching fishing boats go in and out of the harbour. You can also explore the small beach below the Fort or take in the winding coastal paths to the nearby (equally scenic) bays. There is a beach cafe located in Bouley Bay, which is also home to one of Jersey’s diving schools.
How many does this property sleep?
Fort Leicester sleeps up to eight people, with one large room at the top of the property with a double and two single beds, a second bedroom on the lower level with a twin bunk room, and a sofa bed on the next level down in the living room. Fort Leicester is a quirky site with each room accessed via the garden areas and exterior steps. Please see the floor plan for further information.
Can I hire the property for one night?
The minimum number of nights available for all of our properties (except for guided experience properties) is two nights. Please refer to the pricing section to see the number of nights available for each season.
How do I collect the keys?
Upon confirmation of your booking you will be sent a unique key code, which opens the secure key box on-site.
Does the property have parking?
Yes, there is parking for up to two cars outside of Fort Leicester on the pier with limited public parking nearby.
What are the bathroom facilities?
There is one bathroom on the second level of the property with a shower over the bath with separate WC.
What heating does the property have and does it have a fire?
Within the living area, bunk room and bathroom there are electric radiators. In the top bedroom there is a wood-burning stove, for which logs are provided. We provide sufficient wood for one fire only.
Does the property have a washing machine or dishwasher?
Fort Leicester has both a dishwasher and a washing machine. You will need to bring your own washing machine detergent, but dishwasher tabs are provided.
Are dogs allowed to stay in the property?
Yes, up to two dogs are allowed to stay at the property with an additional cost of £10 per dog
Is there a garden?
Within the grounds of the Fort there is a large, grassed outside area, perfect for relaxing in the sunshine. There is also a terraced area at the front of the living accommodation overlooking Bouley Bay within the German searchlight building.