Dates & Times
Fairy Folklore Adventures
Les P’tits Faîtchieaux trail
Visit http://www.jerseyheritage.org/whats-on/fairyfolklore for details
Sat 3 Apr 2021 10:00 - Sun 18 Apr 2021 17:00
Follow the Fairy Folklore trail sponsored by Ogier across all Jersey Heritage sites over the Easter Holidays to discover 18 fairy doors and learn the language of Les P’tits Faîtchieaux, or the little people, on the way.
Have the doors always been there or can you only see them if your mind is open to the magic?
Things you should know about Les P’tits Faîtchieaux
- They don’t really like to be disturbed, so when you’ve found each door try not to poke about too much.
- We don’t want them to move out so just watch, wonder and imagine.
- They like to be spoken to in Jèrriais, the language of Jersey. Make sure to say bouônjour.
- Les P’tits Faîtchieaux at Hamptonne, La Hougue Bie, Mont Orgueil and Elizabeth Castle like to receive handmade presents, something natural such as a tiny leaf umbrella, an acorn cup filled with rain water or a daisy crown.
- The fairies that live at Jersey Museum and The Maritime Museum are practical and can make everything they need, they don’t appreciate gifts, but they do like to receive written messages. Maybe you have a wish or something you’d like to ask them, leave your messages in the jar provided.
Things to make and do at home
Make a natural gift – we sure that you’ll come up with some lovely ideas to make the little people happy but please no plastic.
Imagine and write your own story about what goes on behind les p’tits faîtchieaux doors.
Design your own fairy door. Jersey Heritage will select six designs to be made and displayed at Jersey Heritage sites over May half term. Closing date for entries will be Friday 30th April. Please send your stories and Fairy Door designs to us.